Monday 17 November 2014

From One Direction's Zayn Malik to a builder: A look back at Rebecca Ferguson's former lovers


The former X Factor star was dumped by her boyfriend when he found out she was pregnant




Unlucky in love: Rebecca Ferguson

Former X Factor runner-up Rebecca Ferguson has revealed the father of her three-week-old daughter broke off their relationship when he discovered she was expecting - and confessed he had another girlfriend.            

The chart star , who gave birth to Arabella  last month , kept her heartbreak a secret but has now spoken about her pain.      

She said: "On the outside everyone must have thought everything was rosy at home. I kept a smile on my face and kept all my feelings inside because I had this awful feeling of shame, but I was heartbroken."

The 28-year-old star said the father of her other two children, Karl Dures, now wants to treat the new addition as his own and has offered to adopt her.

Rebecca said: "Karl has been a huge support, we're really good friends. He was there for the birth... [and] has given her his name, which is lovely, so she will be the same as the other kids."   

The former X Factor star has had a rough time over the past few years, and even admitted that her heartache helped inspire her debut album .


EXC - ZAYN MALIK AND REBECCA FERGUSON NIGHT OUT
Rebecca and ex boyfriend Zayn

The Scouse beauty began dating 1D star Zayn shortly after their stints on the X Factor way back in 2011.

When the relationship became public, the Scouse beauty, who is six years Zayn's senior, received death threats from One Direction fans.

But she refused to blame her split with Zayn on the hateful messages.

"I always say a solid relationship can't be brought down very easily.

"When you are as close and in love as Zayn and I were nothing other people do can affect the relationship.

"I really do believe that. We did get a lot of stick but our relationship didn't work out for other reasons."


Zayn Malik and Rebecca Ferguson composite
Zayn Malik and Rebecca Ferguson


Following the breakdown of her relationship, Rebecca hit the studio to work on her debut album.

Speaking at the time, Rebecca said: "The album is quite personal. I am really honest and every song has a personal meaning.

"The track Teach Me How To Be Loved was written about me being hurt in the past and the fact I keep getting hurt.

"At the time I wanted to start new relationships, but I couldn't because I didn't trust people due to being hurt in the past.

"The song reflects my struggle to trust and my desire for someone to teach me how to be loved.

"Frightened Suspicions is about when you are in a relationship and the person isn't faithful.

"You fight those intuitions because you don't want to believe it is going on.

"It's something I have been through."


Rebecca Ferguson an her daughter Arabella


Following her album release, Rebecca decided to give up men for good.

A string of failed relationships had left her so badly stung that  when she spoke to the Mirror she said: “I am yet to find one faithful. I don’t know why boys are like that. I am too nice with them and let them get away with murder.”

But a couple of years later, the starlet kissed a friend she'd know for years when he came over for a film night and it marked the start of serious relationship - one that she kept private.

When the star fell pregnant earlier this year, the father of her three-week-old daughter broke off their relationship, and confessed he had another girlfriend.


X Factor 2010 series finalist Rebecca Ferguson and her two children Lillie and Karl

The hitmaker, who is also mum to Lillie and Karl, went on: "I was fuming when I found out, I was so angry. The way I was treated was wrong", however she admitted that she doesn't hold bitterness towards her ex and is grateful for the "gift from God".

"He wasn't ready to be a dad and that's up to him. I'm not in his shoes and I can't force him. I'm happy with his decision now and I wish him and his partner well," she added.




No comments: